Makes about 48 medium sized Madeleines.
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted and
You will need:
- Madeleine mold/pan
- Large bowl
- Sauce pan (or double boiler)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Pastry bag
- #4 plain large tube
Preheat oven to 350ºF
Grease Madeleine molds well
- Combine eggs, sugar and lemon rind
in a large bowl.
- Heat over hot water, until warm.
- Remove from stove and beat in a
mixer at high speed until they are light, fluffy and
tripled in bulk.
- Add vanilla, fold in flour, then
- Be careful not to beat after flour
- Fill a pastry bag, fitted with a
large plain round decorating tube, with the batter.
- Squirt batter into the cavities of
the Madeleine mold, filling them 2/3 full.
Bake about 10 minutes, or until tops of cakes are
Remove from molds immediately.
Grease molds again, refill with batter and bake.
Continue until all batter is used.