- 5 - 6 bratwurst,
kielbasa, or Italian sausage
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 small head cabbage,
sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 lg. sweet onion,
- 1 lg. clove garlic,
- 1 t. seasoning blend,
such as Nature's Seasoning ™ or Mrs. Dash ™
- 1 t. Old Bay seasoning
- 6 corn on the cob, cut
in half (or purchase the small ears in the frozen food section)
1. In a large frying pan, combine bratwurst, kielbasa, or
Italian sausage and water.
2. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, until
partially done, turning frequently.
3. Add additional water if needed.
4. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan, cook until slightly soft the following
ingredients: cabbage, sliced into bite-size pieces; sweet onion,
sliced; clove garlic, chopped; and seasonings.
6. Put prepared sausage in bottom of large (5 -6 qt.) crock-pot.
7. Add cabbage mixture, then place top with the corn on the cob
cut in half.
8. Cook on low setting for 4-5 hours.